Wednesday 22 January 2014

Slim Busterr, Adolf Tagoe, Afro Moses and Lady Talata Speaks on Komla Dumor's Sudden Demise

 http://anapuafm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/slim-busterrr_625x351_022.jpg
Just as we wait on the family of ace broadcaster Komla Dumor whose sudden demise has left the country and Africa in a total shock to complete the necessary formalities in both the United Kingdom and Ghana in conveying the body back home, a tribute by some ace musicians in the country has expressed grief over the death of Dumor.
Speaking to some musicians on phone and from the comfort of their homes, in a very devastated tone and mood, they had this to say;


Slim Busterr: First I did not believe it when I saw people discussed it on the social media but I later did when BBC confirmed it. It a big blow to the country, Komla was a professional and a great son that everybody took inspirations from in one way or the other. I'm really going to miss him. I pray the good Lord keeps him and also wish broadcasters especially the up and coming ones will follow his foot steps. He really made a mark and I was so much proud of him. Condolence to the family, we lost too soon but God knows best. Let's all take heart and be strong. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Afro Moses: My brother I just didn't expect Komla to leave s so soon. At 41, he was always looking strong and active when he appears on the screen. It so painful to loose such a person in life but only

God knows why some of these things do happen to us. I pray the family takes heart and also stay strong especially in this hard time. May his soul rest in peace till we meet again.
Adolf Tagoe: I'm really short of words I must say. We have lost a big son and a brother; you know

Komla love his job as a broadcaster at BBC and was always seen smiling. I don't think I can ever forget him and I wish GJA celebrates or remember him all the time. It is my prayer we have broadcasters in the country work like he did. He indeed made a mark and we will always miss him. I just can't say much, it really sad. I pray the good Lord keeps his soul.

Lady Talata: It so sad. I mean to wake up just one morning and have such a bad news is so hard to take but i guess there's nothing we can do now. Komla was an inspiration to many Africans. For some of us who travel in and out of the country took so much pride in him.Thers's one thing about Dumor, I alway found him smiling and that tells the kind of peace he had in his heart for everybody. May his soul rest in peace and I pray God keeps him.

Meanwhile director of global news at the BBC, Peter Horrocks has announced plans to establish a foundation in Dumor's memory for aspiring African journalists in an impromptu memorial gathering with BBC staff to remember their departed colleague last Monday January 20, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment