Sunday 26 January 2014

Michael Essien promises fans of AC MILAN to win trophies with them

Thumbnail for 218912
Ghana midfielder Michael Essien says he wants to help lift AC Milan back to the top both domestically and in Europe.

The 31 year old said this when he arrived at the Malpensa Airport on Friday to complete his move from Chelsea. Milan are going through a very difficult campaign which has led to the dismissal of Massimiliano Alegri.

Essien officially joined the five time European Champions on Saturday after
completing a medical at the Milanelo.

The Bison fell down the perking order under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and was always tipped to move away from the Bridge. He told milantv on Friday that his decision to join Milan was largely because of Milan new manager Clerance Seedorf.

“I am very happy to be here and I hope everything goes well so that I will be extremely happy in the end”
“I am looking forward to seeing my team mates and it’s my hope that I can help the team to win trophies”

Essien who joined Chelsea nine years ago from Olympique Lyon paid tribute to manager Jose Mourinho and owner Roman Abrahmovich.

I will like to say a big thank you to Chelsea, the president, manager Mourinho and everyone at the club have been so good to me.
“I have been there for a couple of years now and they agreed to let me come here and enjoy my football”
“I have had a lot of great moments at the Chelsea and they have been very good to me”
“I want to promise the fans of Milan that I will give off my best and help them to win titles” Essien concluded

The Ghanaian International is expected to be in the stands on Sunday when Milan takes on Cagliari at the Sant’Elia stadium in Sardinia.

No comments:

Post a Comment